Fatal Accidents

For a free consultation on how to claim compensation for a fatal accident of your spouse or family member, call our freephone on 08000 488 884 or request a call back.

When someone dies following an accident caused by someone else’s fault or negligence, in most scenarios either the spouse or other family member will be able to make a claim for compensation, which in some scenarios can be worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.

We can offer professional, expert advice and help in pursuing a claim.

No Win, No Fee Solicitors

Our solicitors will help you on a ‘no win, no fee‘ basis, which means that there is no financial risk for you in making a claim. We will provide full support during the claim process.

We will seek the maximum compensation possible in the circumstances, in order to adequately reflect pain and suffering of the deceased and their family, as well as their financial circumstances.

Call us today on freephone 08000 488 884 or request a call back.

About fatal accidents

Every death is a family tragedy and dealing with each case requires empathy and understanding. We are aware of the trauma caused by losing a loved one and we know that no compensation can replace a family member or partner.

We are also aware that not everyone is willing to claim compensation following such an event. What is important, however, is that claiming compensation in such circumstances can help the family of the deceased in settling financial matters and other unexpected problems that might occur following the tragic event.

A claim for the loss of the main family earner would typically include claims for:
– pain and suffering of the deceased
– loss of income to the family members (loss of dependency)
– funeral expenses
– compensation for services that the deceased would have performed, such as childcare or housework
– probate costs

There are two different types of claims that can be made after a fatal accident. One is on behalf of the deceased’s estate, the other on the behalf of dependants (this could be their spouse, civil partner or children).

Making a claim on behalf of the deceased’s estate

This type of claim covers funeral expenses (such as a headstone, flowers and the wake etc.) as well as property damage being a result of the accident. It also covers ‘general damages’ for the deceased’s pain and suffering.

Making a claim on behalf of the dependant(s)

This type of claim may cover a number of different things, including the bereavement award, compensation for loss of intangible benefits, compensation for loss of dependency (financial support) or some services that would have been provided by the deceased (such as childcare).

Who can claim?

According to the law, a claim for losses arising due to fatal accident can be made by any dependant of the deceased, such as:
– A husband, wife, or ex-husband or ex-wife
– A child or parent of the deceased, or a grandchild or grandparent
– A person who had been living with deceased as if they were husband or wife for at least two years prior to the death
– A civil partner, or former civil partner of the deceased
– A brother, sister, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew or cousin

How to claim compensation for a fatal accident?

First, we need to know some basic details about the accident (such as when, where and how it happened).

One of our solicitors specialising in fatal accidents will review the case based on the details received from you, in order to assess how successful the claim is likely to be.

Call our experts on 08000 488 884 for a free, no-obligation advice or request a call back.